Regular dental check-ups are a crucial part of oral health maintenance. You should see your dentist twice a year for maintenance. But, for most people, finding the time in your schedule for an appointment tends to be the hardest part. Be sure to find the time though, as your oral health depends on it.
Once you have your appointment, here is a list of things you should do before you go to see Dr. Oana Honey at Honey Orthodontics. It is important that you have the necessary items for your appointment.
Here are ways to best prepare for your dental visit:
- Make a List – Include any questions or concerns you may want to discuss during your visit. This way, you won’t forget to mention anything when you go. Some things you might want to mention include:
- Any pain or discomfort you’re experiencing, and the location of the discomfort.
- Questions about your oral health (brushing and flossing habits).
- Any questions about cosmetic dentistry (teeth whitening, veneers, etc.).
- Confirm Your Appointment – Most dental offices will call you to confirm your appointment, and since you have made time in your schedule, it never hurts to have peace of mind. You can simply call your doctor’s office to confirm your appointment, and ask any questions that you may have prior to the appointment.
- Insurance and Payment – Make sure that you have your insurance card (and any other forms of payment you may need to utilize) ready to go.
- Medical Information – You may be asked to fill out a medical-history form, so make sure that you are aware of any important details of your medical history.
Keeping up with dental visits is vitally important for maintaining your oral health. If you follow this simple checklist, you will be totally prepared for your upcoming appointment! We are here to help, so if you have any questions about your dental health, please don’t hesitate to contact our office.